Data Scientists at Quantros work on problems that are core to the company’s product strategy. Major challengesinclude developing systems and models to improve and predict healthcare safety and quality. This requires patient-level modeling to understand specific healthcare outcomes of individuals as well as in-depth understanding of both the clinical and the financial impact of facilities and physicians across the continuum in healthcare.
We’re looking for an experienced Data Scientist with a strong technical background and technical leadership skills. This position works closely with product management on strategic product initiatives.
This position requires excellent communication skills, business instincts, and a can-do attitude to drive innovative data products to the market.
- Reduce high impact patient safety events (like slips and falls and surgical infections) by
- Developing predictive analytics to determine the likelihood of patient safety events occurring in a patient population
- Developing prescriptive analytics to suggest interventions to clinical staff to prevent safety events from occurring
- Increase overall quality and financial outcomes for healthcare facilities and physicians by developing predictive analytics to understand the quality of clinical outcomes using physician and patient data from emerging national data sources in healthcare
- Hands on development of methods, models & algorithms
- Skilled at data mining, experimentation, discovery and visualization techniques
- Mentor other team members and provide technical direction
- Work closely with product leadership to refine product and technical roadmaps
- Develop creative solutions to diverse problems including engineering challenges, data challenges, and machine learning applications
- Lead and develop major data products from end-to-end encompassing planning, design, technical implementation, debugging and roll-out
- Evaluate and experiment with new data sets, technologies and tools prior to wider adoption by the team
- Work closely with Analysts, Data Scientists, Product Managers, and Engineers to deliver data products tothe marketplace
- PhD in mathematics, statistics, computer science, health science or related field
- 8+ years of industry experience in data science or similar roles; Healthcare background preferred
- Strong business and product instincts
- Excellent verbal communications, including the ability to clearly and concisely articulate complex concepts to both technical and non-technical collaborators
- Experience effectively turning research results into applications and features that drive business impact
- Passion for teaching and mentoring
- Experience with relational databases (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server)
- Experience with machine learning, computational statistics packages and visualization tools
- Experience with cloud computing platforms such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or GoogleCloud Platform a plus
- Previous work on medical applications and/or with claims data a definite plus
- Knowledge of current standards and coding practices as they relate to HIPPA and PHI data.
- This is a full time position located in Greenville, SC.
Compensation and Benefits:
Quantros provides team members with competitive salaries and a full complement of healthcare benefits in addition to 401(k), paid time off, company paid holidays and much more.
Quantros, Inc. is an EEO employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category.
Working Environment/Physical Demands Working Environment:
- General office environment: Works generally at a desk in a well-lighted, air-conditioned cubicle/office, with moderate noise levels.
- Periods of stress may occur.
- Activities require a significant amount of sitting at office and work desks and in front of a computer monitor.
- Some walking and standing relative to interaction with other personnel.
To apply or inquire about this position, send an email with your resume and cover letter to HR@Quantros.com.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. It does not alter the “at will” employment relationship between the company and the employee.
Quantros helps organizations make this shift from reactive to proactive by implementing a comprehensive safety solutions suite that integrates all key pieces of patient and event information. These solutions minimize time around manual entry and allow for more complete tracking and root cause identification. Our safety surveillance solution monitors billing data and identifies missed events and flags them for staff to be reviewed to ensure they are included in reporting and analysis. Over the last 20+ years Quantros has set out to help healthcare leaders solve their most challenging care variation and risk issues – leading to improved outcomes and reduced costs.
Thousands of healthcare organizations trust Quantros to provide insights, expertise, and precise data to help them deliver safer, higher quality patient care. Learn how Quantros can help you deliver a best-in-class patient safety experience. Contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or schedule a demo today!