Quantros is seeking an experienced DevOps Engineer / Middleware Administrator to join the IT Operations team. The position is full-time and is based on Greenville, SC.
This position is responsible for performing and management of software releases to various environments in the SaaS operations. This role provides technical operational support, administration and maintenance of middleware components that support the Quantros’ SaaS applications.
- Administration and management of source code repository and software build/configuration tools on Azure DevOps.
- Creation and maintenance of release scripts and assets.
- Software release management for multiple products on various web platforms but primarily .Net.
- Management and administration of local and Microsoft Azure IaaS environments hosting Dev / Test / QA / UAT / Staging / Production.
- Administration of Microsoft IIS on Windows 2008/2012 systems.
- Administration, configuration and management of load balancer iRules / aFlex scripts and health-check configurations and other server load balancing configurations.
- Work with developers and architects in developing middleware configurations based on business requirements.
- Perform troubleshooting, incident response, and security administration of middleware updates and new installations.
- Be an active member of Engineering Scrum teams to coordinate with engineering, solution vendors and support teams on problem resolution, design issues and upgrades.
- Implements and supports tools to provide quality metrics for adherence to development policies.
- Management and administration of scheduling and automation tools.
- Monitor health of applications and take corrective actions proactively.
- Adhere to change control and various other policies.
- Documents procedures, processes, and schedules for multiple platforms and projects.
- Monitor and maintain HIPAA privacy and security standards as defined by Quantros.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelors in CS or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience in configuring, managing and making software releases in a SaaS environment.
- Strong experience in setting up continuous delivery and deployment pipeline and administering release management of various ongoing releases.
- Strong technical knowledge in the following:
- DevOps/Build/Continuous Integration Tools in a Azure DevOps environment
- Scripting Languages – PowerShell
- Automation of Provisioning and Management of VMs and Cloud Resources (Azure preferred)
- MS SQL Server – SQL Scripting and some DBA knowledge preferred
- Basic programming in C# on the .Net Platform
- Log Monitoring/Alerting Tools – Splunk, GrayLog
- 3+ years’ experience supporting web technology solutions such as Microsoft IIS servers.
- Ability to work with cross functional departments.
- Ability to manage priorities and deliverables emanating from production escalations, middleware application administration and DevOps workflows and projects.
- Strong analytic and excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to respond 24/7 to critical production situations and tight software build schedules.
- Knowledge of Agile testing and engineering practices
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. It does not alter the “at will” employment relationship between the company and the employee.