Data Scientists at Quantros work on problems that are core to the company’s product strategy. Major challenges include developing systems and models to improve and predict healthcare safety and quality. This requires patient-level modeling to understand specific healthcare outcomes of individuals as well as in-depth understanding of both the clinical and the financial impact of facilities and physicians across the continuum in healthcare.
We’re looking for an experienced Data Scientist with a strong technical background and leadership skills. This position works closely with senior product management on strategic product initiatives. Must have experience managing quarterly roadmaps, managing a number of simultaneous projects, mentoring and fostering individual career development, and coordinating closely with other stakeholders across the company.
This position requires excellent communication skills, business instincts, and a can-do attitude to drive innovative data products to the market.
- Reduce high impact patient safety events (like slips and falls and surgical infections) by
- Developing predictive analytics to determine the likelihood of patient safety events occurring in a patient population
- Developing prescriptive analytics to suggest interventions to clinical staff to prevent safety events from occurring
- Increase overall quality and financial outcomes for healthcare facilities and physicians by developing predictive analytics to understand the quality of clinical outcomes using physician and patient data from emerging national data sources in healthcare
- Hands on development of methods, models & algorithms
- Skilled at data mining, experimentation, discovery and visualization techniques
- Mentor team members and provide technical direction
- Work closely with product leadership to devise product and technical roadmaps
- Manage scope and pace of execution across multiple projects for high quality and on time delivery
- Remove obstacles and enable teams to work productively in a constructive environment
- Develop creative solutions to diverse problems including engineering challenges, data challenges, and machine learning applications
- Lead and develop major data products from end-to-end encompassing planning, design, technical implementation, debugging and roll-out
- Evaluate and experiment with new data sets, technologies and tools prior to wider adoption by the team
- Work closely with Analysts, Data Scientists, Product Managers, and Engineers to deliver data products to the marketplace
- Masters in mathematics, statistics or computer science or related field; PHD degree preferred
- 8+ years of industry experience in data science or similar roles; Healthcare background preferred
- 3+ years of prior management experience
- Strong business and product instincts
- Excellent verbal communications, including the ability to clearly and concisely articulate complex concepts to both technical and non-technical collaborators
- Experience effectively turning research results into applications and features that drive business impact
- Passion for teaching and mentoring
- Proficient with relational databases (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server)
- Experience with machine learning, computational statistics packages and visualization tools
- Experience with cloud computing platforms such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform a plus
- Strong project management skills
- Previous work on medical applications and/or with claims data a definite plus
- Knowledge of current standards and coding practices as they relate to HIPPA and PHI data.
- This is a full time position located in Greenville, SC.
Compensation and Benefits:
Quantros provides team members with competitive salaries and a full complement of healthcare benefits in addition to 401(k), paid time off, company paid holidays and much more.
Quantros, Inc. is an EEO employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category.
- General office environment: Works generally at a desk in a well-lighted, air-conditioned cubicle/office, with moderate noise levels.
- Periods of stress may occur.
- Activities require a significant amount of sitting at office and work desks and in front of a computer monitor.
- Some walking and standing relative to interaction with other personnel.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. It does not alter the “at will” employment relationship between the company and the employee.