Quantros is a leading provider of software-based solutions and services to healthcare. Our cloud-based tools and resources provide hospitals, health systems, as well as purchasers of health care with better data and better insights to enable better healthcare.
As a Desktop Support Specialist, you are responsible for supporting all locally-based infrastructure initiatives, including end-user computing. The successful candidate will execute support end-user systems, applications and local network environment. In this role you will work with a team of direct employees as well as our contracted infrastructure resources to ensure systems performance & availability across our voice and data networks. Provides local support to end users to include hardware setup, user configuration, front line troubleshooting and remediation of hardware and software issues
- Execute day-to-day support across local infrastructure. Ensure all desktop and infrastructure issues are effectively supported
- Execute the implementation and support for software and hardware standards for desktop and infrastructure including servers, network infrastructure, VPN
- Provide local assistance to remote service teams and contractors for troubleshooting and remediation
- Provide local assistance to end users to remediate issues with hardware and software
- Log all work in service of support and implementation activities.
- Accurately document instances of desktop equipment or component failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Work with equipment vendors to resolve issues related to repairs, RMAs and etc.
- Work with Sr. IT Staff to influence direction for desktop and infrastructure related issues
- Other duties and opportunities as required
Experience and Qualifications:
- 3-5 years of supporting desktop and infrastructure
- Demonstrated technical mastery for desktop and server related standards and protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, etc.
- Experience in supporting cloud computing, including O365, SharePoint
- Demonstrated technical expertise for voice, data and systems and security-related services and technology (Active Directory, Password Management, VPN and inter-domain trusts)
- Ability to manage multiple end-user support requests effectively
- Excellent technical knowledge of PC internal components, including BIOS, hard drive, NIC, modem, and memory
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Equipment support experience with printers, PDAs, smart phones, video conferencing and projectors
- Ability to conduct research into PC issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Working knowledge of OS and software deployment tools
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Self-starter with the ability to effectively work with minimal supervision
- Strong Organizational skills
- Demonstrates Leadership through daily tasks
- Associate degree in Related Information Systems Field
- Industry certifications including
- IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- A+ and or Microsoft Systems (MCP)
- General office environment. Flexibility in work schedule is required.
- Periods of stress may occur.
- Activities require a significant amount of sitting at office and work desks and in front of a computer monitor.
- Some walking and standing relative to interaction with other personnel
- Occasional lifting, racking and transporting moderately heavy equipment, such as servers, computers and other peripherals.
Compensation and Benefits:
Quantros considers its employees the lifeblood of the company. We provide team members with competitive salaries, performance-based incentives and a full complement of healthcare benefits in addition to 401(k), paid time off, company paid holidays and much more.
Quantros, Inc. is an EEO employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category.
To apply or inquire about this position, send an email with your resume and cover letter to Quantros Talent Acquisition Manager, Susette Peterson.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. It does not alter the “at will” employment relationship between the company and the employee.