Quantros is looking for innovative and passionate people who want to change the world of healthcare technology forever. Does being part of a high-growth healthcare technology company get you excited? Join our team.
Quantros helps healthcare providers improve quality and patient safety by empowering organizations, at every level, with the actionable intelligence they need to improve outcomes and reduce risk. Quantros provides cloud-based tools and resources for the full spectrum of the healthcare industry in the areas of safety and risk management, quality and performance improvement, accreditation and compliance, and centralized decision support. Today, more than 6,500 healthcare provider entities, including over 4,000 retail pharmacies, use
Quantros solutions to capture meaningful data to effectively drive the decisions that improve the safety and quality of care.
The Quantros engineering team is looking for an experienced technologist who can also provide leadership to a software engineering team. The ideal candidate would be capable of applying their technical skills to develop software solutions and components on a large-scale SaaS system in the healthcare industry and manage all aspects of end to end delivery.
- Be a leader on a team of software and quality engineers to deliver solutions via a SaaS offering.
- Champion a culture of continuous improvement, ownership, commit, collaboration and other Agile principles.
- Work with product managers, business analysts, and other developers to understand business requirements.
- Create detailed technical designs and specifications.
- Code/develop in J2EE environment.
- Identify suboptimal code and refactor accordingly.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to more junior team members.
- Document code/implementations.
- Develop and execute automated test cases.
- Develop training materials and help documentation for systems that get created.
- Develop thorough understanding of Quantros products and services.
- Stay abreast of best practices by researching new tools and enhancing and evolving new and existing tools.
- Maintain HIPAA privacy and security standards as defined by the company
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field. Master’s degree desirable.
- Eight (8) years total working experience in commercial software development.
- Five (5) years recent experience in J2EE and related technologies.
- Expertise in software development using Agile/SCRUM.
- Excellent programming skills in Java, J2EE, Web 2.0, and PL/SQL.
- Lead Software Engineer Job Description
- Demonstrated development skills in web-based SaaS applications
- Java development with focus on web development (JSP, Servlet, JMS, JDBC, J2EE Security, Struts, JQuery)
- Understanding of standard web frameworks and languages (HTML, CSS, Javacript, AJAX)
- Familiarity with standard source repositories (Subversion, CVS etc.)
- Experienced with at least one of the following IDEs and App servers (Eclipse, Tomcat, Weblogic)
- Excellent communication, analytical, and development skills.
- Experience demonstrating the ability to learn new technologies.
- Knowledge of current standards and practices in healthcare clinical information systems is preferred.
- General office environment: Works generally at a desk in a well-lighted, air-conditioned cubicle/office, with moderate noise levels.
- Limited long-distance or air travel needed.
- Periods of stress may occur
- Activities require a significant amount of sitting at office and work desks and in front of a computer monitor.
- Some walking and standing relative to interaction with other personnel.
Compensation and Benefits:
Quantros considers its employees the lifeblood of the company. We provide team members with competitive salaries, performance-based incentives and a full complement of healthcare benefits in addition to 401(k), paid time off, company paid holidays and much more.
Quantros, Inc. is an EEO employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category.
To apply or inquire about this position, send an email with your resume and cover letter to HR@Quantros.com.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. It does not alter the “at will” employment relationship between the company and the employee.