Quantros is a leading provider of software-based solutions and services to healthcare. Our cloud-based tools and resources provide hospitals, health systems, as well as purchasers of health care with better data and better insights to enable better healthcare.
As a Senior Desktop Support Specialist, you are responsible for supporting all locally-based infrastructure initiatives, influencing and executing corporate infrastructure standards, and working with all remote data centers. The successful candidate will execute support for infrastructure services and 3rd party service providers in the day-to-day maintenance and support of our data and voice infrastructure. In this role you will work with a team of direct employees as well as our contracted infrastructure resources to ensure systems performance & availability across our voice and data networks. Provides local support to end users to include hardware setup, user configuration, front line troubleshooting and remediation of hardware and software issues. The Specialist will assist with creation and maintenance of service performance reporting.
- Execute day-to-day support across local infrastructure. Ensure all desktop and infrastructure issues are effectively supported
- Execute the implementation and support for software and hardware standards for desktop and infrastructure including servers, network infrastructure, VPN
- Manage any 3rd party Service Level Agreements through service reporting and escalation
- Provide local assistance to remote service teams and contractors for troubleshooting and remediation
- Provide local assistance to end users to remediate issues with hardware and software
- Log all work in service of support and implementation activities. Accurately document instances of desktop equipment or component failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Work with equipment vendors to resolve issues related to repairs, RMAs and etc.
- Work with Sr. IT Staff to influence direction for desktop and infrastructure related issues
- Other duties and opportunities as required.
Experience and Qualifications:
- 5 years of supporting desktop and infrastructure
- Demonstrated technical mastery for desktop and server related issues (Windows Server 2008/2012, Windows 7/10, TCP/IP, Power & Cooling, back-ups) and protocols and standards, including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, etc.
- Experience in supporting cloud computing, including O365, SharePoint
- Demonstrated technical expertise for voice, data and systems and security-related services and technology (Active Directory, Password Management, VPN and inter-domain trusts)
- Ability to manage multiple end-user support requests effectively
- Excellent technical knowledge of PC internal components, including BIOS, hard drive, NIC, modem, and memory.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Equipment support experience with printers, PDAs, smart phones, Skype Room Systems and projectors
- Ability to conduct research into PC issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Working knowledge of deployment tools such as WDS.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Self-starter with the ability to effectively work with minimal supervision
- Strong Organizational skills
- Demonstrates Leadership through daily tasks
- Associate degree in Related Information Systems Field
- Industry certifications including
- IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- A+ and or Microsoft Systems (MCP)
- SharePoint Administration
- General office environment. Flexibility in work schedule is required.
- Periods of stress may occur.
- Activities require a significant amount of sitting at office and work desks and in front of a computer monitor.
- Some walking and standing relative to interaction with other personnel
- Occasional lifting, racking and transporting moderately heavy equipment, such as servers, computers and other peripherals.
Compensation and Benefits:
Quantros considers its employees the lifeblood of the company. We provide team members with competitive salaries, performance-based incentives and a full complement of healthcare benefits in addition to 401(k), paid time off, company paid holidays and much more.
Quantros, Inc. is an EEO employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category.
To apply or inquire about this position, send an email with your resume and cover letter to Quantros Talent Acquisition Manager, Susette Peterson.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. It does not alter the “at will” employment relationship between the company and the employee.
Quantros helps organizations make this shift from reactive to proactive by implementing a comprehensive safety solutions suite that integrates all key pieces of patient and event information. These solutions minimize time around manual entry and allow for more complete tracking and root cause identification. Our safety surveillance solution monitors billing data and identifies missed events and flags them for staff to be reviewed to ensure they are included in reporting and analysis. Over the last 20+ years Quantros has set out to help healthcare leaders solve their most challenging care variation and risk issues – leading to improved outcomes and reduced costs.
Thousands of healthcare organizations trust Quantros to provide insights, expertise, and precise data to help them deliver safer, higher quality patient care. Learn how Quantros can help you deliver a best-in-class patient safety experience. Contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or schedule a demo today!